Statement of Non-Discrimination
Habersham County Schools
Anti-Racism and Non-Discrimination Statement
The mission of the Habersham County School System is “Success for ALL students”. In keeping with our mission, the Habersham County School System does not tolerate racism or discrimination of any kind by students or staff. All students deserve respect and have a right to a safe learning environment regardless of their race, religion, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation. Comments or actions which are discriminatory, racist, or otherwise degrading towards others are strictly prohibited in all Habersham County Schools and at all school sponsored events.
Any person who believes they have experienced racism or discrimination should report such actions or behaviors to a teacher, counselor or administrator. Every situation reported will be investigated and appropriate action taken.
To ensure “Success for ALL Students”, we believe:
- We must work as a team to meet the needs of all students.
- All students deserve a nurturing, safe, and secure school environment.
- All students can learn.
- It is our responsibility to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and academic needs of all students.
- We must teach the knowledge and skills that prepare all students for success in life, school, and for post-secondary options.
- Teachers must use multiple approaches to respond to the needs of all students.
- Relationships matter